· Several website building platforms provide a place for your business to launch
· When you want to choose the best platform that meets your requirements, you should consider particular factors such as budget, features, and customer support
· Each website builder has its pros and cons. You need to choose a platform that perfectly suits your business
· Using website hosting is not the only option for starting an online service business. You can develop your website with tools such as WordPress
Choosing a website for your online service business is like selecting a location for a brick-and-mortar office. These platforms provide a place where you will be able to sell your services online, along with so many valuable features. And the good news is:You don’t have to know anything about coding, web design, or hosting.
Due to the growth of the digital world, there is a huge variety of platforms to choose from. However, picking the best platform can be confusing when you have various options to consider.
Top considerations for choosing website builders
To begin your evaluation, there are certain factors you should consider before choosing the best platform that suits your needs as neatly as possible.
1. Price or budget: As a small business owner, you should be reluctant to take on any additional expenses. However,there is no fully-free platform in the market. They charge you monthly, and the price is based on the variation of services you are willing to take. To find the most cost-effective platform, pay attention to their value for money rates.
2. Technical requirements: We have different types of online platforms due to the kind of support we look to get.If you want to access everything, it's better to select an open-source platform. However, some technical requirements are needed to function correctly. If you are a newbie in the digital world and have no clue about computer science, SaaS platforms are the best options.
3. Service-related features: Many website builders offer the most superficial features. When you are running a service-based business, you need some additional tools to provide competitive services. Pay attention to these service-related features when choosing website builders for your business.
Now let’s talk about how these platforms can help you grow your business.
What website builders usually do for you?
Website builders usually help you in the following areas;
● Offer various website and design features
● Manage your sales channels, including social media
● Analyze your marketing efforts
● Manage your profiles
● Provide marketing tools and applications
However, if you want to run a service business, the story is different.
Certain features are essential for the effectiveness of your business,such as,
- Service provider profile management
- Presenting tools such as webinar
- Scheduling and booking
- Client management
- Automated payments
Frizi is one of the best website building platforms tailored explicitly for service businesses. We will discuss its tools and features later.
In this section, we will introduce the best five website builders, along with the pros and cons.
Wix is a top-rated website builder with so many excellent tools, including Wix Stores, Wix Logo Maker, WixSEO, Wix Video Maker, and Wix Blog.
It allows you to create a website you want and build your unique online presence. It also gives you professionally designed website templates, more than500+, built to suit your business needs.
- High value for money
- Various apps and plugins to choose from
- Free trial available
- Full range of secure payment solutions
- Export data is not available
- Limited service-related features
- Consultation and advisory tools are not available
Squarespace creates a beautiful platform that enables you to share your creative ideas with your customers in an impactful online presence. By using Squarespace, you will be able to build websites with limited technical resources. It is one of the best platforms for visual templates, designs, and aesthetic storefronts.
- Extremely affordable platform
- Social media integration
- Full range of beautiful templates
- Free domain
- Limited payment options
- Not suitable for service businesses
- Transaction fees are high
Weebly is a professional website builder that can make your business idea come to reality. You have to access customizable webpage designs and useful tools.
It also has a very informative blog that can help you develop your business like marketing, SEO, and branding.
- Helpful guide
- Primarily suitable for product-based businesses
- Free trial
- Free SSL security in all packages
- Easy to use
- No service-related features
- Limited design flexibility
- Lack of efficiency for websites with more than one language
A website builder platform with built-in marketing tools and 24/7 customer support. It offers various pricing and plans with specific tools and features.
GoDaddy helps you build a mobile-friendly website. You can also unlock more features as your business grows.Custom email accounts are available as well.
- Various website templates
- It is user-friendly
- Built-in marketing tools
- Poor customer support
- Not a very good option for service businesses
- Basic features available for the free plan
Frizi is an all-in-one website and marketing solution specifically built for service businesses. If you are operating in a service industry, Frizi offers you features such as service provider profile management, booking, scheduling, payment integration, customer profile management, etc.
Frizi is not just a website builder, it offers a platform where you can launch your service business virtually from scratch.
The best advantage of Frizi compared to the websites mentioned above is that it gives a customized platform tailored to your service business.
For example, if you run an online learning institution, particular tools are essential for your business's longevity. Or, if you are a consulting agency,communication tools are most important for your business.
Frizi offers cost-effective packages. You can also get design and marketing guides from experts.
- Extremely cost-effective
- You can start your business from the ground up
- Automated in-advance payments
- Free trial
- No technical knowledge required
- Only suitable for service businesses
- If you already have a website prepared, it’s not a good option for you
- Limited packages available
Still don’t know which platform is the best for your business?
No worries. This table is going to assist you in the decision-making process. We summarized the most critical points of each website builder in the following table.
*Note: Scores are ranked out of 5
Now you learn everything about website building platforms. We provide all the necessary information before making your decision. Make sure you dedicate a great deal of time to evaluate your options.To make this process even easier, we would say:
● If your business is visual and the impact of design matters to you, Squarespace is the best option for you.
● If you are looking for a website builder with so many tools and plugins, Wix can help you.
● If you want to launch a service-focused business with unique features, Frizi is the best solution.
● If you are looking for an easy-to-use website builder with various tools, Weebly can be a good choice.
● If your business is about eCommerce, GoDaddy’s eCommerce plan offers many features.
● And last but not least, if you want a fully customized website and you have the required technical knowledge, WordPress is a better option for you.